Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Art, Art, Art!!!

Art is very important! As a future sociologist, I believe that art is part of society because they reflect the status of society in a moment. For example, Andy Wharhol show us a different type of society that Da Vinci; his message was different because there societies was very different too. We just need to see more pieces of art to understand that.
Duchamp´s work.
Luckily, mi mom is an art teacher, so she always teaches me about art. Since I have memory, I visit art museums everywhere I go; in fact, coming to Santiago for visit his museums use to be part of my family vacations. For that reason, I really enjoy art... it´s part of mylife!     
Talking about me, I must say that I don´t have many talent in that area; I can draw a decently in a piece of paper, but I don´t paint at all. When I was a kid, I participated in an art competition, but I lose it. Well, when you´re six years old, you draw like a kid! I guessed that I lost the talent.
However, i still appreciate art, how can I don´t appreciate it! I love any type of art, by the way. Well, maybe not Duchamp and his wear piece, but like every artist he has a message for society. Even appreciate graffitis and any type of urban art. Art is a way that human being has to express herself, and that is the most important thing about art.
Even when I really enjoy art, I don´t have a favourite painter. My mom loves Dalí and his work is awesome and rupturist, but is not my favourite artist. She loves Van Gogh too, and his work is beautiful and with great technique, but is not my favourite either. Like I say, apparently I don´t have a favourite artist.    
Well, like you can see art is almost part of my family!

4 comments:

  1. It's great that art is part of your life and part of your family! Art should be more accesible so people can learn about it, and of course enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I`m completely agree whit you when you said that art is a reflection of a moment of society... that is one of the greatest gift that arts can give us!
    Greetings 

    ReplyDelete
  3. When you talk about Duchamp, do you mean the every day objects he once displayed, like a shovel and urinal? They did somthing similar to that in Chile in the 70s. Maybe your mother remembers the famous chair that was once exhibited in the Museo de Bellas Artes and ended up in the Mapocho River ´s filthy water.
    <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

    Art is very important! As a future sociologist, I believe that art is part of society because ARTISTS reflect the status of society in a moment. For example, Andy Wharhol showED us a different type of society FROM (that OF) Da Vinci’S ; his message was different because theIR societies wERE very different, too. We just need to see more pieces of art to understand that.
    Luckily, mY mom is an art teacher, so she HAS always tAUGHT me about art. Since I REMEMBER, I HAVE visitED art museums everywhere I go; in fact, coming to Santiago TO visit ITS museums useD to be part of my family vacations. For that reason, I really enjoy art... it´s part of my life!
    Talking about me, I must say that I don´t have many talentS in that area; I can draw decently On a piece of paper, but I don´t paint at all. When I was a kid, I participated in an art competition, but I loST. Well, when you´re six years old, you draw like a kid! I guessed that I HAD lost the talent.
    However, i still appreciate art, IMPOSSIBLE NO TO appreciate it! I love any type of art, by the way. Well, maybe not Duchamp and his (wear piece -???), but like every artist WHO has a message for society. I Even appreciate graffitis and any type of urban art. Art is a way that A human being has to express herself, and that is the most important thing about art.
    Even when I really enjoy art, I don´t have a favourite painter. My mom loves Dalí and his work is awesome and rupturist, but HE is not my favourite artist. She loves Van Gogh, too, and his work is beautiful and with great technique, but HE is not my favourite, either. Like I say, apparently I don´t have a favourite artist.
    Well, AS you can see,art is almost part of my family!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I meant: Impossible not to appreciate it.

    ReplyDelete