Sunday, September 26, 2010

What to see in Santiago

Santiago is not my favorite city; in fact, there are many things about Santiago that I hate. However, this city has a lot of beautiful places to visit, full of history for example, or really fun. Like Federico Sánchez says, people who lives in here has to love more his city.
I´m from Rancagua but my grandma lives in Santiago since 1980, so when I was little, I use to come to Santiago for the summer, so I use to act like a tourist in this city. For that reason, I suggest to visit:
  • Fantasilandia: Was one of my favorite’s places in Santiago. Unfurtunately I couldn’t visit it since a lot. It´s a little expensive (around $7.000 per adult) but it a good choice if you like adrenaline and games.
  • La Moneda Palace: Is the government house in Chile, and everyone can came in to his patios, and once in a year you can enter to the offices, guided for the President in self!       
  • San Cristobal and Santa Lucía hills: Typical places in Santiago, both has many history and are very close one each other, so you can visit it both in one day, but San Cristobal maybe toke it more time, because is bigger and there are more thing to see there, like a zoo
  •  Any museum: When I was little, the most typical trip in Santiago was visit one or more museums, and I must say that is a good visit to do. You can go to any museum that you like, but I recommend “Bellas Artes”, “MAC”, and if you have child spirit, “MIM”.
  • National Stadium “Julio Martínez”: I was never been in the national stadium, but I think that is a good idea for someone who doesn´t know Santiago, visit this historical and important stadium. If you can go inside, at least you can take a picture with “El Pilucho” or “the naked one”, a classic statue. The name of the stadium (Julio Martínez) is new; he was a very important journalist in Chile, dedicated obviously to football.

Well, I don’t know if people who were born in Santiago think like me… But is just an opinion!     

No comments:

Post a Comment